When it comes to traffic accidents, car collision or accidents involving cars are common. Compared to car accidents, cycling accidents are fewer. However, though cycling accidents are not as common as car accidents, there are still cycling accidents around the world. If you get involved in a cycling accident, you might want to file a lawsuit to recover for damages or injuries. And for some involved in a cycling accident, the goal is to establish a claim which the complainant is deserving and did not commit any negligence resulting to the cycling accident. In order to prepare in case you want to file a lawsuit, here are the important things to consider after cycling accidents. If you have any questions regarding cycling accidents, injuries, liabilities or laws, consult a cycling injury lawyer from Osbornes.
- Gather evidence – Evidence is crucial to establish the validity of the claim. It can be in the form of witnesses, the other party involved, and pictures of the scene, police report, or CCTV footage. The contact information of the witnes ses should be taken down. The name of the other party as well as registration number of the vehicle. If possible, multiple pictures should be taken to have the best chance of using it as evidence. If there is a CCTV footage of the accident, a copy should be made before any unforeseen circumstance of having the footage deleted.
- Seek medical assistance – Accidents would often lead to injuries and some could be internal injuries not visible nor can be felt right away. Asking medical assistance can prevent any further damage or cure internal injuries which might lead to death.
- Keep damaged property – The damaged bicycle and other properties will serve as a strong evidence to back up the claim. Severely damaged or destroyed properties will even increase the fines the defendant has to pay.
- Keep a record of medical expenses – Medical expenses will also be covered in the claim therefore a complete and detailed record of the expenses due to the cycling injury should be kept and presented in the court.
- Claim insurance – If you have any insurance, try to see if you can claim the insurance. This will soften the blow of the damage and can even help the case. If you are a cyclist, make sure to have an insurance specifically for cycling accidents and injury.
- Hire cycling injury lawyer – In order to help you with your claim, hire a cycling injury lawyer as soon as possible. They can help you prepare for the lawsuit and increase the chances of winning the claim.
Preventing this is key with high level Health Insurance which can be found via a quote company here – http://www.healthinsurancefinder.co.uk.